[Samba] Samba for Windows? :P

Kuan Bartel kindredstar at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 14 04:37:26 GMT 2003

Hi,
    just wondering if anyone had ever though about making a port of Samba
for windows.  Now you may think "What's the point?"  Well I'll tell you if
you had as much control over smb as you have with Samba then you wouldn't
need it for windows.. but you don't.  Not unless you buy Windows 2000 Server
or now 2003.  By porting Samba to Windows you could take control of your
network easily setting up a wins server and domain controller and brows
master.  All of which are things which are a pain in current windows
versions.  A free port would be great for all of us who don't have the
resources or even really the need for a large server solution but still need
the core functionality which should be available already.

(If you can already do all that I ask then please tell me and save me my
embaracement :P )

Kuan