[Samba] Samba3-beta1 as a PDC and using tdbsam as passdb backend it takes the home-directory info from /etc/passwd

Gémes Géza geza at kzsdabas.sulinet.hu
Wed Jun 25 10:32:51 GMT 2003

Patrik Gustavsson PS Sweden Senior Technical Consultant írta:

> I didn't get any answers so I try again:
>

> I am using tdbsam as passdb backand.
>
> I have added root user with pdbedit.
>
> The machine trust account was added on the fly.
>
> I have added the user with pdbedit.
>
> I have created the user in /etc/passwd.
>
> When the user logs in from a W2k and mounts the home-directory I noticed
> that Samba didn't take the home-directory information from tdbsam, it
> took it from /etc/passwd.
>
> Is that correct ?
>
> I assumed it would use the info in tdbsam.
>
> /Patrik

Depends what do you meen by getting home-directory information.
If you would refer to getting the /home/username from /etc/passwd, thats
correct, this is what happen because of the sambas [homes] share, on the
other side "rich" SAM databases such as tdbsam provide som NT-ish
things, like homedrive, profilepath, and logonscript, I'm afraid, that
you are confusing this two categories.

Best Regards

Geza Gemes