[Samba] samba 3 beta 3 smbfs

Beau E. Cox beau at beaucox.com
Tue Jul 22 16:59:51 GMT 2003

Hi -

'mount.smbfs' in 3 beta 3 is _very_ eratic on my system.

I am trying to mount win2k machines (for daily backups)
on a Linux (SuSE 8.2) server. It is very hard to
explain exactly what happens, but the mount actually
works maybe 10% of the time. When it fails, I see
nothing in the samba logs, and don't seem to have a
smbfs log. Typically, when it fails, I can see the
mount daemon running, but trying to ls the mount point
'hangs'. umount clears the hang.

I have been upgrading and testing the samba 3 project
since the early alpha days W/O this problem. I cannot think of any system
changes between installing beta 2
(works) and beta 3. I have re-installed beta 2 and it
works.

Have I missed someing in the change log from b2->b3?
Anyone have any ideas?

Aloha => Beau;

== please visit ==
<http://beaucox.com> => main site