[Samba] Exporting samba mount via NFS

Kurt Weiss info at kwnet.at
Mon Jan 13 15:45:01 GMT 2003

Paul Yeager schrieb:
> Perhaps I'm trying to do something that is not allowed, but I have found
> no such restriction in the documentation.
>
> To limit the contact of my Linux boxes with the "products of Bill &
> Co.", I have mounted a Windows share on my Linux server.  When I try to
> export that same share from the Linux server (as a plain old NFS
> volume), it mounts without error, but the mountpoint appears empty.  The
> configuration looks something like:
>
> Directory on        ---->  Mountpoint on     ----->   Mountpoint on
> Windows Server             Linux Server               Linux Client
>                           (works fine)               (appears empty)
>
> Am I attempting the impossible, or have I neglected some necessary detail?

we are using the same solution, if we change server from windows to
samba. - the old server is mounted to the new linux box as e.g. "oldserver"
this is running fine.
seems, that u have problems with userrights (has only root access
rights?, u need x-rights 4 browsing)
please check the accessrights of the directory and smbclient flags.

--
mit freundlichen grüssen
www.kwnet.at, one step behind future...

Ing. Kurt Weiß
Softwareentwicklung,  EDV Beratung und - Betreuung
A-6425 Haiming, Gartenweg 3
Tel.: +43 699 1 272 9926 / Fax: +43 699 4 272 9926
E-Mail: info at kwnet.at
Web:
http://www.kwnet.at     http://www.oberlandinfo.at
Die Krise ist ein produktiver Zustand.