[Samba] Exporting samba mount via NFS

Paul Yeager pyeager at tektone.net
Mon Jan 13 15:13:00 GMT 2003

Perhaps I'm trying to do something that is not allowed, but I have found
no such restriction in the documentation.

To limit the contact of my Linux boxes with the "products of Bill &
Co.", I have mounted a Windows share on my Linux server.  When I try to
export that same share from the Linux server (as a plain old NFS
volume), it mounts without error, but the mountpoint appears empty.  The
configuration looks something like:

Directory on        ---->  Mountpoint on     ----->   Mountpoint on
Windows Server             Linux Server               Linux Client
                           (works fine)               (appears empty)

Am I attempting the impossible, or have I neglected some necessary detail?

Thanks in advance!

Paul