OT: suggestion! (was Re: [Samba] !!ATTENTION NEWBIES!!)

Chris de Vidal cdevidal at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 14 15:01:33 GMT 2003

--- Robert Adkins II <radkins at impelind.com> wrote:
> I have read a few more of your responses. It
> appears that you
> believe wholeheartedly that your more advanced
> questions are going
> unanswered simply because of the volume of lower
> skilled questions.

That was but one of the 5 points I was making.  The
other four:
1. Newbies, your questions will often go unanswered
2. Help yourself, here's how
3. Developers are likely to be overwhelmed by the
volume of simple questions.  I'd much rather have them
improve Samba than answer "how do I mount an NT share"
for the 20th time.
4. It's just disrespectful when they went to alot of
work writing documents.

> Well, how do you know that there are enough people
> on the
> mailing list that have experienced the more advanced
> issues you are
> experiencing? Then, out of those people, how many of
> those do you
> believe will take their time to answer your
> questions? It is likely that
> the number is quite low.

You really must know what questions I'd asked to say
that.  Please don't assume.

> I would like to apologize for the feather ruffling
> that I have done regarding this issue. I didn't have

> all the information behind your
> issue until I read a few of your posts after the
> flames I started fanning.

Thanks, Robert!  Apology accepted.  Please accept my
apology for being arrogant at your responses.  I
_really_did_ want to help, not bash.

/dev/idal