OT: suggestion! (was Re: [Samba] !!ATTENTION NEWBIES!!)

Chris de Vidal cdevidal at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 14 14:16:04 GMT 2003

--- Kurt Weiss <input.maillists at kwnet.at> wrote:
> wow / i did newer see such a response to a theme as
> in this case! :-O

Yeah, it actually had the opposite effect of what I
was begging people to do :-P

> here's a suggestion:
> i did send (in a view cases) a short message to this
> 'NEWBEES' with
> important internet links, such as: (e.g.)
>
> http://www.samba.org/samba/ml-etiquette.html
> http://hr.uoregon.edu/davidrl/samba/
> http://at.samba.org/samba/docs/

As did I.  The message I wanted to get across was,
"Help yourself, this is why...  This is how I help
myself; here are ALL of the resources I've used!"  It
just was misunderstood, I believe.  I thought I was
doing a service, but as I read it again, it looked
like an angry slam, not what I hoped.

Why can't we all get video email so inflections can be
easier seen?  (-:

I actually spend more time with my email client
helping newbies with greatly detailed letters than any
other thing.  A slam wasn't intended, and I'm sorry I
was misunderstood.

/dev/idal