[Samba] ldap backends separate samba user account and machine account

Adam Tauno Williams adam at morrison-ind.com
Tue Dec 9 16:09:04 GMT 2003

> 	I have setup a samba PDC with ldap backends. I don't want to mess my LDAP
> database with
> machine accounts, I use it to auth UNIX and MAIL servers. Can some one give
> me some good idea?

Put the machine accounts in a seperate organizational unit or parition.  I don't
see how they constitute a "mess" and why you wouldn't want them in with
everything else.

Samba 3.x lets you use multiple backends.  They just get searched in the order
they are listed.  But you can only add accounts automatically to the first one.