[Samba] rpcclient / adddriver returns WERR_ACCESS_DENIED

Arnst, Rainer Rainer.Arnst at ee-consultants.de
Tue Dec 9 09:59:20 GMT 2003

Hi,

I am trying to prepare downloadable printer drivers for Windows-Clients
with Samba 3.0.0-final. Everything worked fine so far. But I found no
way to add the printer driver files to the samba database. The method
using the Add Printer Wizard in W2k did not work for me.

This is what I tried:

linux4:/# rpcclient -U'root%secret' -c 'adddriver "Windows NT x86"
"LJ6:HPBLEF2.DLL:HPBLEF49.PMD:HPBLEF0.DLL:HPBLEFJE.HLP:NULL:RAW:HPBLEF1.DLL,HPBLEF3.DLL,HPBLEF7.DLL,hpbafd32.dll,hpbftm32.dll,HPBLEF41.DLL,HPBLEF42.DLL,HPDCMON.DLL" ' localhost
result was WERR_ACCESS_DENIED

Any "hints" are very welcome!!

Have a nice day!

This is my smb.conf:
# Samba config file created using SWAT
[global]
        workgroup = ENTWICKLUNG
        netbios name = LINUX4
        server string = %h server (Samba %v)
        encrypt passwords = true
        passdb backend = tdbsam guest
        obey pam restrictions = Yes
        passwd program = /usr/bin/passwd %u
        passwd chat = *Enter\snew\sUNIX\spassword:* %n\n
*Retype\snew\sUNIX\spassword:* %n\n .
        syslog = 0
        log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m
        max log size = 1000