[Samba] Problem with configurable Linux as a PDC with Windows 2000 clients

Frank Matthieß fm+samba at Microdata-POS.de
Fri Nov 8 11:40:02 GMT 2002

On Fri, Nov 08, 2002 at 07:09:16PM +0800, Michael wrote:
> Frank, thanks for your reply.
>
> If that is the case, then I proceed with the adding of the Windows 2000
> Client to the Samba Domain.
>
> This involves setting up the Network Identification on the Windows 2000
> client.
> I changed the domain name to "MYDOMAIN" and clicked "OK".
>
> I got an error message after a while:
>
> Network Identification
> The following error occurred validating the name "MYDOMAIN"
> The specified domain either does not exist or could not be contacted.

Is the network setup on your w2k running, means: is LINUXBOX ping'able?
With ip address _and_ name?
Is the w2k at least sp2?

--
Frank Matthieß                                    fm+samba at Microdata-pos.de