[Samba] Problem with configurable Linux as a PDC with Windows 2000 clients

Michael michael at theasian.net
Fri Nov 8 11:13:01 GMT 2002

Frank, thanks for your reply.

If that is the case, then I proceed with the adding of the Windows 2000
Client to the Samba Domain.

This involves setting up the Network Identification on the Windows 2000
client.
I changed the domain name to "MYDOMAIN" and clicked "OK".

I got an error message after a while:

Network Identification
The following error occurred validating the name "MYDOMAIN"
The specified domain either does not exist or could not be contacted.

This is very puzzling. I have enabled NETBIOS over TCP/IP and added the
LINUXBOX as a WINS server.
What else have I missed out?