[Samba] Stupid Newbie: can't connect localhost:901 - help

Carl Larson cslarson79 at yahoo.com
Fri May 31 09:48:02 GMT 2002

I've installed the rpm's and everything seems to be
set up fine.  I've been through many documents (even
the one on redhat that says i must change localhost to
127.0.0.1 in one of the config files
(/etc/xinetd.d/swat).  When i direct mozilla to
http://localhost:901 I get, "The connection was
refused when attempting to contact localhost:901

I think maybe that something is not properly setup in
my browser, but i've tried:
no proxy for:
localhost       //added by me to see if it would make
any difference...but it didn't

I'm sure there is something really small and stupid
that i've forgotten, and i'll feel like an idiot when
someone tells me, but i've spent WAY TOO LONG trying
to figure this out on my own.  Thanks in advance
Carl