[Samba] auto client updates

john smith winbatch2000 at yahoo.co.uk
Fri May 31 09:45:02 GMT 2002

Hi,

I'm running a samba PDC, with all users logging onto
the domain.
  I want to be able to update the clients when new
updates/hotfixes/patches are released, but not sure
how. The users often dont logon/off so a login script
wont really work.  Also, as far as I can see M$ has
two type of update, either for individual users to
install (no silent/cmd line install available) or by
using the msiexec system (which needs a windows
server).

What is the 'usual' way of updating clients?

Thanks,

John