[Samba] ldap pam and samba

Peter Hübschen pehu at wiwi.uni-sb.de
Tue May 14 23:43:03 GMT 2002

Hello,

I can't exactly answer to this question, but I can write what I know.
1. On my testbox all accounts were imported into OpenLDAP through the
migration-tools and all accounts had shadow-passwords.
2. I managed to use TLS to access the LDAP-server.
3. Some time ago it was not possible to configure samba with "encrypted
passwords = yes" for use with pam and I don't think, that this has
changed (It's a pam-thing and the problems are based on the different
and incompatible encryption methods between Windows and Linux). Maybe
some of the developers can exactly answer this question.

So in my opinion, if you have to use PDC-functionality with LDAP, you
have to use the "--with-ldap" option, there is at least one website,
which describes this option.

Peter