[Samba] Automatic Printer Driver Downloading - Does it work?

Chris Smith chris at realcomputerguy.com
Wed May 8 08:09:02 GMT 2002

On Wed, 2002-05-08 at 10:55, Jay Ts wrote:
> The problem I'm seeing here is while trying to upload a printer
> driver to the Samba print server using Windows 2000 or XP.
> The Add Printer Driver Wizard runs ok until I click on the
> Finish button, then it requires a Windows 2000 Advanced Server
> CD-ROM to be installed, to get a driver out of the
> printers\NT4\I386 directory.  Is there any way around this?

Yes, uncheck the boxes for alternate OS printer choices. For example, if
using a Win2k system to upload Win2k drivers only, uncheck the "NT4
Win2k" combo selection and check "Win2k" only. Or supply the alternate
driver, either via the server disk or by browsing to the location of the
driver.

Chris

--
'Nix MS - Just Say .NyET