[Samba] Upgrading from Samba 2.2.1a to 2.2.3a

Kevin Bramblett kbramblett at dssresearch.com
Thu Mar 28 11:19:03 GMT 2002

I get the error "file {filename} from install of samba-2.2.3a-20020206
conflicts with file from package samba-client-2.2.1a-4" where filename is
various files.

How do I upgrade to 2.2.3a and not have these conflicts?

I have seen somewhere before that one has to uninstall the previous version
of Samba (in a certain order) before the new one can be installed.  However,
I cannot find the commands to do so.  Can someone please help?

Thanks,
Kevin Bramblett