[Samba] character translations with smbclient (was Share Access)

Thomas Robinson tom.robinson at ehbas.com
Tue Mar 5 06:57:03 GMT 2002

Hi,

Thanks for the tip.

I went to the Netherlands last week so didn't get a chance to try this
out until this week.

I upgraded to samba 2.2.3a and that helped. The bad news is that it only
solved some of the problems. The file link to the floppy backs up now as
the translation of the link is consistent somehow, but the character
translation on the $ (dollar sign) and £ (pound sign) is not working
yet. Admittedly it is translated to something different than when using
samba 2.2.2, but it still can't be backed up. :(

Am I sufficiently off topic yet to be completely flamed of the amanda
list? Any one else seen this whilst using amanda?

TIA,

Tom