Uploading W9x drivers to Print$

Joel Barnett joel at allegro-music.com
Mon Jan 21 17:49:38 GMT 2002

I'm using Samba 2.2.1a with Cups. I have a printer attached to
a W95 box, shared and set up in Cups. I have uploaded the W2k
driver, (Epson FX-80), to the W32X86 dir under the Print$
share and all is well. When I try to add the W9x driver via
properties->sharing->add additional drivers, I select Win95/98
on intel. When I click OK, the hour glass appears and nothing
happens. When I try to get out of this, "explorer.exe has
generated errors" appears, and I have to restart.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong ?

Joel Barnett
Systems Administrator
Allegro Corporation