Help I'm new

Joel Hammer Joel at HammersHome.com
Mon Jan 21 16:58:02 GMT 2002

Without seeing your smb.conf file, I cannot be sure.

It is very likely that your guest user, which is ftp ?, doesn't have
permissions to write to these directories.  The permissions on the
unix/linux directory override those allowed by smb.conf.

One solution, again for the home user, is to make your guest account =
your regular user on the linux box. Of course, this will allow anybody
to have the same r/w/x permissions as your regular user. If you want to
get really wild and crazy, try using guest account = root.  That should
get you were you want to go. Browse as root! There is probably a sad
story or two somewhere in there.

Joel