samba 2.2.2 install

ACEAlex alex at saers.com
Fri Jan 11 11:50:05 GMT 2002

Did you install it from an rpm the last time? Then it might be on another
place. Ok, to check if you have several swat and other things do this.
1. Run updatedb "just to refresh your locate db"
2. run locate smbd

If you have it on several places be sure that your path specify the place
where the new one is and it is before the old one.

I also think you have to apply a special parameter to get swat included when
you do make. Try running ./configure --help in the samba directory

Hope this helps. The place where the new samba is should be in
/usr/local/samba/bin, you can make symbolik links to /usr/local/bin so that
they stay the newest

/Alexander