samba 2.2.2 install

James Bear james.s.bear at sendit.nodak.edu
Fri Jan 11 11:42:04 GMT 2002

Okay.  I think I did the install properly.  I did a make and a make install.
It looked like it put all the right files in the right places.  And then, I
accessed it through swat and it still says we have version 2.2.1a.  Eh?

Well, just for fun, I did a revert make and it showed me the files it
restored.

The only thing that I can see that happened either way is now nmbd won't
start.

It doesn't matter because I need 2.2.2 to be the samba working.  I am
guessing I should have uninstalled samba before I installed 2.2.2, but you
know...and now I don't want to uninstall it because it's all I got.

Anyway, I would appreciate some help on this.

There was some advice given on how to find an rpm on the rawhide.redhat ftp
site.  If it's there, it's tough to find.  I've got my box currently
searching for it and we'll see, once we find it, how that works

thanks

jim
jim
English Teacher