Problem accessing WinXP share from samba2.2.1a box

Daniel-Olivier Simard dos at videotron.ca
Thu Jan 10 18:22:03 GMT 2002

Hi,

I installed the samba2.2.1a (with rpm --force) over samba2.0.7 because I
was unable to uninstall 2.0.7 with rpm -e. When I want to access a
shared drive on my WinXP box I received this message:

invalid option -- o

usage: smbmnt mount-point [options]
-s share       share name on server
-r             mount read-only
-u uid         mount as uid
-g gid         mount as gid
-f mask        permission mask for files
-d mask        permission mask for directories
-h             print this help text
smbmnt failed: 255

My command line is:

mount -t smbfs -o username=myuser //DOSPCXP/WinXP /disk/pcdos/WinXP

I am able to join the samba domain and access all the samba drives from
my WinXP box. Also I am able to list the share of the WinXP box with
smbclient -L

What is my problem ?

Thanks

Daniel-Olivier Simard