[Samba] Problems with Linux not show some files (w/ accent) on Netware Server

Sir Hamacker hamacker at bol.com.br
Mon Feb 4 05:11:06 GMT 2002

Hi everyone,

I have 2 file-servers in my network : linux-samba and netware.
I have 1 problem too.

My backup was made by linux over 2 file servers (using tar), but
today I noticied that files on netware server that have accent was
not in backup set.

My mount are : /usr/bin/ncpmount -S ALPHA -V PRD -U netware_user -P
netware_pass -y iso8859-1 -m -f 077
7 -d 0777 /mnt/alpha_prd

My System is a RH 7.1, Kernel 2.4.17 with Default NLS Option:
"iso8859-1"
I cant view (ls -lAF) any that in filename or folder using some
accent chars like "ç", "é" and some others.
Why can I do to show that files on linux systems ?

Thanks.