[Samba] question about PDC & permissions

Gavin Hamill gdh at acentral.co.uk
Sat Aug 10 10:59:01 GMT 2002

On Sat, Aug 10, 2002 at 01:12:24PM -0600, Jeff Bluemel wrote:
> OK...
>
> I have set samba up as a primary domain controller for my internal
> network.  everything is working perfectly, almost.  although I have
> machines that have joined the domain, and my shares are working
> properly, I have been unable to set any of the accounds with
> administrative priviledges.  I am unable to find any documention on
> doing so.

Hi :) First off, please consider wrapping your text at about 74
characters width...

You can simply assign certain users domain admin rights by either
specifying each user in the share config thus:

[sharename]
	path=/blah
	domain admins = user1, user2

Or you can make them a member of a new UNIX group and instead specift

	domain admins = @groupname

Cheers,

gdh