[Samba] Weird problems using Samba over a dialup connection

Richard Hellier rlh at lsil.com
Wed Apr 24 09:50:20 GMT 2002

	Anyone else seen this?

I dial in using a Win 2K box and can see the shares on a (UNIX) Samba
server (via the "net view" command).  If I try from a Win 98 machine I
get:

System error 53 has occurred. The network path was not found.

or (sometimes!)

System error 51 has occurred. The remote computer is not available.

Whether I use 2K or 98, if I do the "net view" against an NT server,
the command works fine.

I should add that the "problem" machines work fine if connected
directly to the LAN -- the bizarreness only happens when dialled
up.

Cheers,

Richard.

--
Richard L. Hellier

LSI Logic Europe plc			Tel: +44 1344 413183
Greenwood House				Fax: +44 1344 413114
London Road
Bracknell
Berkshire RG12 2UB