[Samba] Internet goes down. Samba dies

Mike Maki mmaki at adelphia.net
Wed Apr 24 09:36:02 GMT 2002

I have the same problem and I only use IP addresses in my Host Allow/Deny.
Strange thing is when Internet access is lost one samba server is still
reachable the other is not. I have not been able to find the difference
between the two. Both have almost identical global configs (Hosts
Allow/Deny). Luckily our connectivity is quite reliable. Hope to hear some
other possible solutions.

Thanks!
> Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2002 07:40:28 -0500
> From: John Schmerold <John at katy.com>
> Subject: Re: [Samba] Internet goes down.  Samba dies
> To: samba at lists.samba.org
>
> If we specify ip addresses, instead of host names will this remove DNS
> server requirements?
>
> We're running a firewall on this machine, however, I like to keep all
SAMBA