Authenticating to two NT domains

Weiss, Ken Ken.Weiss at schwab.com
Tue Feb 6 22:01:42 GMT 2001

My Samba server has users that are in two different NT domains, DOM1 and
DOM2. There is no trust between the two domains. I would like all my users
to be able to authenticate to my Samba server, using 'security = DOMAIN'.
Can I just put a line into smb.conf like 'password server = DOM1PDC,
DOM2PDC'? Will that allow users from either domain to successfully
authenticate themselves to the Samba server?

Thanks for any assistance.

--Ken

Ken Weiss                                  ken.weiss at schwab.com (email)

Charles Schwab & Co.                                415-667-1424 (desk)
Java Object Services                    415-786-1545 (cell/telecommute)
211MN-06-325                   4157861545 at messaging.sprintpcs.com (pcs)
101 Montgomery St.                                   415-667-9402 (fax)
San Francisco, CA 94104

For Java on the Schweb, use the jumpword 'Java'.
For the Java WebBoard, use the jumpword 'JavaTalk'.

WARNING:  All email sent to this address will be received by the Charles
Schwab & Co., Inc. corporate email system and is subject to archival and
review by someone other than the recipient.