Samba auto-disonnection of Win98 clients

lovie loviel at hypertech.solnets.com
Sat Apr 21 15:12:39 GMT 2001

Hello!!

I am running samba with my Redhat6.2 and Win98 clients. I have noticed in the
log file of Win98 client, I noticed that when my client is idle or have not
opened any file for about 2-3 minutes an automatic disconnection is logged.
However, if I try to open any file on the server even without re logging in, I
can still open the files on the server.

I tried to include my deadtime to 0 in the smb.conf but to no avail. Any help
please.

Thank you.

--
"Look to this day, for yesterday is but a memory,