mapping dynamic ipaddress to users in hosts file

Christine Alfano calfano at zebrapass.com
Tue Nov 21 22:03:15 GMT 2000

I'm a newbie and have a question re: the setup to Samba.  Within the hosts
file, the documentation shows hosts names mapped to their ip addresses.
We're a small company and currently our IP addresses are given out
dynamically using dhcpd.  In order to continue with the set up and having it
work properly, do our ip addresses need to be static, or can this easily be
worked around?  I just need to verify that the allocation of ip address
won't interfere in getting samba to work.

Your help is appreciated.
Thank you.
Christine