mapping cross-network drive to smb share.

dave m mehler awesome-dave1 at juno.com
Fri Dec 29 05:38:38 GMT 2000

Hello,
	I've got a unix account on another machine, that is not on my network
whatsoever, nor is it in my domain. I've got samba installed on that
machine so my home directories and a few other items are shared. I'd like
to map drives to these shared locations. I've put the ip address of the
machine as well as it's fully qualified name in to lmhosts and tried a
drive mapping, using windows 98. I'm getting the error: could not map
drive letter to sharename, not logged in. My password encryption is set
up properly on both ends, and my user is in the smbpasswd file.
	Any help appreciated.
Thanks.
Dave.

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!