Win2k can't connect to RedHat samba server

Dave Boardman david.boardman at digitalenvoy.net
Thu Dec 28 23:50:49 GMT 2000

I've setup samba on my redhat box (kernal is 2.2.14-5).

I have confirmed that I can connect to the samba server by using the
'smbclient' on the same machine, using the same user ID and same password
that my windows machine does, as well as another machine on my network
(running RedHat linux as well).

I can see the workgroup in my Windows Explorer, but when I click on it, a
dialogue box tells me:
<begin>
\\MyMachineName is not accessable.

The account is not authorized to log in from this station.
<end>

My question is what do I check for and change?  I'm assuming it's some
parameter in the /etc/smb.conf file.  I've used almost all the defaults
that came in the RedHat setup, just uncommenting what I thought I needed.

Any suggestions?
Dave