configuration problem

Ron Woodall nor at htmlcompendium.org
Fri Dec 8 14:55:20 GMT 2000

Hi All:

	I'm worse than a newbie at this so if this seems a bit dumb please accept
my appologies.

	I've gone to us1.samba.org/samba/docs/DIAGNOSIS.htm and run all of the
tests. My installation appears to pass all of them except for this one:
		nmblookup -B ABNER

	Yes, Abner is all in uppercase on both the windoz box and the Linux box.
All of the other tests appear fine.

	The above appears to manifest itself in slow transfer speeds when
transfering files to the Linux box from the Windows box when the command is
given on the Linux box. The same transfer when the command is initiated on
the Windows box proceeds at full speed. I'm routinely moving 20,000+ files
back and forth across the network so this is a vital function.

	Any ideas as to what I'm doing wrong?

	Thanks for the help.

	Ron Woodall
Ron Woodall