WinNT to Unix

Michal Jezierski heja at xox.pl
Wed Jun 23 14:54:24 GMT 1999

Levent Gündogdu wrote:

> BTW: I`m using smbmount myself with one little problem: when shutting down
> the machine, all network devices go down first. After that, all file systems are
>
> unmounted. My system hangs there, when I leave smb-mounts mounted, because
> they cannot be unmounted anymore (no NET-IFs left). Does anybody know how
> to solve this little ugly problem?

Just check out shutdown scripts. If you are using RedHat (I do, so the
examples come from this system) first check the numbers in the names of
symlinks in /etc/rc.d/rc.0 and /etc/rc.d/rc.6.

You can also write a short shutdown script which unmounts samba shares
before other actions are taken (e.g. /etc/rc.d/rc.0/K01smbumount symlink
that points to the /etc/rc.d/init.d/smbumount script written by you)

Hope this helps.

Michal