Connecting to service with underscore in name

Nick THOMPSON nickthompson at lucent.com
Wed Nov 18 11:59:30 GMT 1998

Hi,

I am using version 1.9.17 of Samba on Solaris 2.5.1 and trying to
connect from a Win95 OSR2 machine running IE4, In most cases this works
very well.

My problem: Essentially I have a default service 'xyz' similar to the
example in the smb.conf man page:

   default = xyz

[xyz]
   path = /%S

According to the logs and other debugging I have done, if I connect to
this service using a name 'xyz_abc', %S seems to be set to 'xyz/abc'. As
the directory '/xyz/abc' dosen't exist the connection fails.

How can I get %S to reflect the underscore correctly, instead of
replacing it with a slash?

Thanks,
--
   _  _______  __ __   Nick Thompson          | Lucent Technologies
  / \/ / / __\/ // /\  Lucent Technologies    | (Bell Labs Innovations)
 /    / / /__/ _  / /  Microelectronics House | nickthompson at lucent.com
/_/\_/_/____/_/\\_\/   Kings Ride, Ascot      | Tel: +44 1344 865951
\_\/\\_\____\_\/ \_\   Berkshire SL5 8AD      | Fax: +44 1344 865959