Me too (2) was Re: Hosts disappearing from browser list

Ricardo Ferraro G. da Silva rferraro at ci.rnp.br
Fri Nov 21 12:14:43 GMT 1997

Hello fellows,

 Another coin in the pot...

 Intermitently from my NT box I can see the Unix
workstations running samba (except one of them that after a
day stop to appear in the browsing list) but cannot map
their shares as "fixed" network drives.

 From the win95 clients I can map without any problems but
for sometime they disappear from the browsing list.

 If I kill and restart the smbd and nmbd processes during a
limited period of time things work.

 I am not using any WINS service but I was planning to try
since this could be one solution to this strange problem.

regards, Ricardo.
Rio de Janeiro
Brasil

PS: If necessary I can send you my smb.conf file.