File ownership problems...Solaris 2.5.1 and Samba 1.9.17alpha5

Phillip Dale pdale at dat.hk-r.se
Mon Aug 25 13:44:12 GMT 1997

Greetings!

After having upgraded to 1.9.17alpha5 I've come across a strange problem
which I hadn't seen earlier...

smbstatus claims I have 60 (or so connections)  although I only have about
35 smbd processes.

Most of my smbd processes are owned by root and NOT the user.  The problem
we are experiencing now is that files created directly from a prompt or
Notepad (i think it was), works well.  When a program, such as Word or
Eudora create files, they are owned by root (!?) !!!

Any ideas?  As not to clutter this maillist, I will not attach my smb.conf,
but will send it upon request.

Thanks,
Phil Dale