Printing and smbd -i

Kai Blin kai at samba.org
Thu Jun 30 07:59:02 MDT 2011

> The 'problem' here is that the background queue process is not started
> when smbd is run in interactive mode, which would make printing
> unavailable when smbd is run in that mode.

Isn't smbd -i shutting down after serving one request anyway? What's the
point of having printing around for that case?

Or are you proposing to make smbd -i behave like samba -i? Then I'd
strongly vote for a mode of operation where you can also use -M single.
I'd appreciate having single-process mode on embedded systems in any
case. :)

Cheers,
Kai
--