about buildfarm tidiness

Matthieu Patou mat at matws.net
Mon Nov 1 04:43:33 MDT 2010

On 01/11/2010 12:55, Björn JACKE wrote:
> Hi,
>
> setting up a buildfarm host should be somehting like a setup-once-and-done job
> but that is only true for systems that have plenty of hard disk space. On
> systems with small hard disks you have to clean up behing the build farm
> scripts continously.
>
> When I look at the content of the build_farm firectory then there are plenty of
> ancient files, ancient built tree subdirectories like those from the samba_3_0
> via lorikeet-heimdal up to the samba_4_0_waf which have partly been
> discontinued since years and just lurk around to eat plenty of space. Can we
> clean up discontinued build trees somehow?
Normaly it should be taken into account by the build script I saw
something about this. Now given the fact that a lot of server have their
own script it's possible that the cleanup is only in the generic.fns.

I'll have a look !
> In addition to that the /tmp/ dir is also continously being filled with data
> (mostly TDB file with mktemp-like filenames) which are not being deleted after
> use in the build farm tests. On the sles8 build host this have been 100MB in
> half a month. Some days ago I wiped out about 2GB of data on that host after it
> ran out of space. You can have a look at any random build host to see the same
> effect there. How can we fix that?
Well I think the easy way is to add a command to clean /tmp of file
owned by the build user. What do you think ?

Matthieu.