[SCM] Samba Shared Repository - branch v3-0-test updated - release-3-0-29-4-gcf9ef3a

Tue May 27 14:25:25 GMT 2008

On Tue, May 27, 2008 at 09:11:19AM -0500, Gerald (Jerry) Carter wrote:
> |> You can always "freeze" the v3-2-test tree a few days prior
> |> to release for escrow.  Just announce that no more
> |> fixes will be pulled into v3-2-stable at that point.
> |> But developers should be confident that every thing in
> |> v3-2-test has been merged to -stable.
> |
> | I already noticed how well freezing works! ;-)
>
> You misunderstand.  You tried to freeze v3-2-test.  You can
> freeze v3-2-stable because no one can check into that except
> release managers.

Ok, then the two of you are talking about different things :-)

As far as I understood Karolin this discussion is about the
process how things go from 3-2-test to 3-2-stable.

One assumption is that everything a developer put into
3-2-test went into 3-2-stable automatically without explicit
notice.  This would mean 3-2-test is frozen for anything
beyond strict bugfixing.

The other assumption would be that 3-2-test is open for
3-2-1 development already now. This means that pulling stuff
into -stable needs an explicit notice.

Or did I get anything wrong?

Volker