[SCM] Samba Shared Repository - branch v3-2-test updated - release-3-2-0pre2-2478-g79bda44#

Tue May 27 06:33:52 GMT 2008

On Tue, May 27, 2008 at 08:15:15AM +0200, Karolin Seeger wrote:
> Would you please explain why this parameter is evil an why it should be
> re-enabled between rc1 an the final release (or maybe rc2)?

Oh, the evilness is easy to explain :-)

With this parameter we acknowledge a write request by the
client before we even know if we have enough space on disk.
This makes writes very fast, because we can defer the actual
write to disk, but it prevents any error reporting like disk
full etc.

Volker