samba4: machine and user accounts

Manu manu.b2007 at gmail.com
Tue May 20 22:15:07 GMT 2008

Hi,

I had the same errors with Alpha 3, it works fine with latest sources,
do a "git" and it should be ok.

http://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Samba4/HOWTO#Step_1:_download_Samba4

You need to install git, first, then :

git clone git://git.samba.org/samba.git samba4; cd samba4
git checkout -b v4-0-test origin/v4-0-test; cd ..

To get last sources :
git pull origin v4-0-test

You need to install autoconf and automake I think.
Then "cd" to samba4/source and run :
./autogen.sh

And configure :
./configure

Or :
./configure.developer
if you want debug symbols.

Then :
make && make install

I've done two quick and dirty scripts to backup/restore my config.
(see attachement, I don't know if it's really clean to do this way...
adapt the "/shared/samba" path to the location where you want to run
the scripts and the backup files)

Manu.