Samba4

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Tue May 13 22:19:41 GMT 2008

On Tue, 2008-05-13 at 12:58 -0700, zaphod at fsklaw.com wrote:
> My test server is:
>
> FreeBSD testbox.fsklaw.com 7.0-RELEASE FreeBSD 7.0-RELEASE #1:
>
> smb.conf:
>
> [globals]
>         netbios name    = testbox
>         workgroup       = FSKLAW
>         realm           = FSKLAW.COM
>         server role     = domain controller
>         ntvfs handler   = posix
>

> [netlogon]
>         path = /home
>         read only = no
>
> [open]
>         path = /home/test
>         read only = no
>
> I can ping by host name.  I can map a share.

> I'm also curious, what's running the name service.  I see nothing in
> netstat listening on port 53.

Per the final output of the provision script and the HOWTO, you need to
copy the zone file into your BIND server.  An example configuration
snippit has been generated in the private dir for you.

Once you start BIND, this should work.  I'm happy to improve the wording
in the provision script, if you give me some ideas.

Thanks,

http://samba.org/~abartlet/
Samba Developer, Red Hat Inc.