Plans for integrating vfs proxy and security=server

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Tue May 6 22:49:59 GMT 2008

On Tue, 2008-05-06 at 11:20 +0100, Amin Azez wrote:
> * Andrew Bartlett wrote, On 05/05/08 22:53:

> >> That makes a lot of sense. I guess just running smbclient with domain
> >> creds against a standalone smbd configured to use auth_server should be
> >> sufficient?
> >
> > Yeah.  I figure we will have the proxy in 'make test' configured to
> > accept either kerberos with domain credentials, or NTLM with the
> > pass-though. We can do most of the tests with kerberos, and add quick
> > smbclient invocation with NTLM to check that codepath.
>

> Aye; and also a double-proxy test.
>
> I'm just fixing some rpm build errors and then hope to integrate the
> pass-through and add the proxy test.

BTW, following a recent fedora-devel discussion, it seems to be strongly
advised not to run autogen.sh in an RPM spec file.  This should fix some
of the complexity you needed trying to preserve GIT versions etc.

> Sam

BTW, you should pick one identity or the other ;-)

http://samba.org/~abartlet/
Samba Developer, Red Hat Inc.