[Samba4] [Patch] Fixes and Improvements to samba3sam

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Tue Jan 2 03:43:45 GMT 2007

On Thu, 2006-11-16 at 13:01 +0100, Martin Kühl wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've made a few improvements (I think) and modifications to the
> samba3sam
> module while trying to link samba4 to an existing filled LDAP server
> with the
> samba3 and samba4 schemas loaded.

Thanks for doing this.  I'm sorry it took so long for me to look at
them, but I've applied some of these:

> Find attached the series of patches to samba3sam.c I generated from this
> work,
> the purpose of each summarized below:
>
> - samba3sam-01-val_copy.patch:

Applied

> - samba3sam-02-sid-dont-talloc.patch:

Applied

> - samba3sam-03-passwd-convert.patch:

I've applied this, but using the existing conversion routines.

> - samba3sam-04-unixName-generate.patch:

> - samba3sam-05-whitespace-cleanup.patch:

Applied

> - samba3sam-06-reorder-functions.patch:
> - samba3sam-07-reorder-attributes.patch:

Skipped.  The patch didn't apply cleanly, due to changes in the
meantime.

> - samba3sam-08-copyright.patch:
>   Adds a copyright line for me.
>
> The last four patches are concerned with the changes required to
> eliminate the
> need for a fallback partition and might be less interesting for now.

I've skipped these for now.

I'm also looking at your provision patches, which I hope to include
shortly.