rh 6.2, samba 2.2.0 large file > 2gb support...how?

Chad temp at yourmomma.myip.org
Wed May 30 05:23:18 GMT 2001

I have kernel 2.4.4-ac3 and samba 2.2.0 on my rh 6.2 system.    I don't know
much about compiling from source rpms, but when I run
/usr/src/redhat/SOURCES/samba-2.2.0/source/configure I believe that it sets
LFS to no because I have glibc 2.1.  Do I really need to have glibc 2.2 for
samba to work correctly with large files > 2gb.  If someone can give me
details on what I should do that would be welcome.  I don't want to go to
rh7.1 because I can't get it running stable on my test system yet.

Thanks, Chad