Building and linking shared libaries for multiple different versions of UNIX

Richard Sharpe sharpe at ns.aus.com
Wed May 16 15:59:41 GMT 2001

At 09:54 AM 5/16/01 -0500, samba-technical at thewrittenword.com wrote:
>On Wed, May 16, 2001 at 04:28:25PM +0900, Richard Sharpe wrote:
>> I have to figure out some ways of making this portable so I can build
>> shared libraries for lots of combinations.
>>
>> I do not want to force libtool on the Samba team, so I need to use other
>> techniques.
>
>Yet another person reinventing the wheel. Beautiful.

I am sorry Albert, but we have had that discussion on the samba mailing
lists a couple of times, and I am not willing to start an internal war
within the Samba team over a small part of Samba.

In addition, there are strongly held views by a couple of people who have
lots more experience than I that libtool is not right for the Samba team.

Regards
-------
Richard Sharpe, sharpe at ns.aus.com
Samba (Team member, www.samba.org), Ethereal (Team member, www.ethereal.com)