How the heck can it work?

Ron Alexander rcalex at home.com
Mon Jul 24 20:06:47 GMT 2000

What do you mean by It? Can you kindly be a little more specific as I see it
the following are involved.

1. The inetd daemon. What perms, SUID etc should it have.
2. The inetd.conf. It specifies root as one of the parameters. Why?
3. The swat program. If I make it SUID it works differently.
4. The perms on the smb.conf file.

I know VOS is not Unix. Do you mind helping someone port samba to a new
platform? (notwithstanding the non POSIX port of 1.9... by Erik)

TIA,
Ron Alexander