odd nmbd thing

Christopher R. Hertel crh at nts.umn.edu
Fri Apr 21 17:27:52 GMT 2000

Take a look at the error messages in your log.  The phrase "from IP %s"
will give you the IP of the client station that is trying to register a
name via unicast.  Check the configuration of that client station and make
sure that they have not listed your server as a primary or secondary WINS
server.

If the clients use DHCP then you'll have to fix the entries in the DHCP
server.

Hope that helps.

Chris -)-----