--compare-dest apparently incompatible with --checksum or --size-only

Jesse Molina jesse at opendreams.net
Sat Dec 24 22:09:38 MST 2011

Indeed!

The -a implication of -t was causing the problem... though I am
struggling to think of any case where the use of -t would be desirable
when --compare-dest is used.  Perhaps it should be simply negated with a
warning message?

At the very least, I hope this mail will serve as a warning to others.
I searched extensively before posting.

I verified that --size-only is now working correctly.  The fileset is
huge and --checksum is taking awhile, but it looks like the desired
behavior is occurring.

My modified dir is 7.0GB, the original is 6.3GB, and my new delta-backup
is 790MB.

Thank you for your help, Kevin.

--
# Jesse Molina