Static server side listing

Brian K. White brian at aljex.com
Thu Dec 22 09:25:14 MST 2011

Same problem ftp servers have had since decades ago.

And the answer was (initially) to provide a ls-lR file in the top level
directory or in every directory and educate users to use it. Perhaps you
could enforce that by removing the ability to browse/list, but not the
ability to download files? The rsync client can't implement this of
course so it requires scripting and wrapping on the client side.

By now there are eleventy-seven ftp servers with all manner of special
features for situations just like this, so maybe it's time for more than
one rsync server option?

--
bkw